Who are PRS? Find out how your business can stay protected.

It’s 4pm on a slow Tuesday, and you hit play on your device. Your staff have lost morale, and the rain is pouring outside, with no intention of stopping anytime soon. Suddenly the space fills with a feel-good playlist to keep everyone productive in your lull. Have you done anything wrong?

Many of us don’t realise that to play music in public locations, a licence is required. This includes spaces such as commercial businesses, restaurants, shops, pubs, aeroplanes and hotel rooms. A licence ensures that royalties are collected and paid to music creators such as songwriters and composers, when their music is made available to the public. Although it could be seen as a ‘box ticker’ for many suppliers, we understand the value of maintaining a licence. In short, it protects the music industry, and supports talent to keep creating music - allowing your locations to maintain atmosphere, and your customers to enjoy themselves.

At Move Music Management, we know how important it is to protect our clients. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce that we have the PRS 'Music Services Business to Business' Licence which entitles us to supply music services to a company for their premises. We are very much looking forward to working with PRS for Music and ensuring all the talented music creators such as songwriters and composers whose music we play receive their royalties.

If you are a company and are concerned about licensing, please contact our team at hello@movemusicuk.com for more information.



Music, Branding & Technology